"Don't worry about a thing, 'Cause every little thing gonna be alright"

Bob Marley

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wow--Who Would Have Thought?

So over the years I have attempted to put myself on a budget but have never succeeded. I usually go a few days then get bored and go shop and spend money on a bunch of things I don't need. Or I get an idea of something I want to do to my house or an outfit idea and I will search high and low to find something I want---usually never finding the "perfect" item I see in my head but finding and buying many other things along the adventure.

For the last few months though I have really made the effort to stop needlessly and unnecessarily spending and shopping.

And you know what--its working! I have bought many less items, I have started to really think about what I am buying and why, and I am saving money!!! Our bank account is growing and our debt is shrinking. I am as happy or even happier (no more buyers remorse if I'm not buying) than I already was. Now--I have still bought a few things here and there but they are things that are extremely inexpensive, that I really did need, and that I really mulled over before deciding if I could afford it and if I really did want and/or need it.

Staying out of the mall---that has helped a ton! Still going to Target as much or more than before (I LOVE TARGET!) but not just throwing any random thing I see in the cart.

I am spending more time at home or with friends/family doing things that don't involve much money. And we are having as much fun as we ever have!!

So---I am proud to say I am starting to shop and save money like a real adult!

I just hope that I can continue, I really think I can.........I will keep you all posted :)

Love, S

No comments:

Post a Comment